Little Mosque on the Prairie Contest -Season 1 and Season 2
UPDATE:The winners of the blog’s first Little Mosque on the Prairie contest are readers, Batulbanu and Mvhelene! Congrats to you both and thank you to all of our valued readers who participated!
Participation awards will also be sent to some contestants!
This update has been featured through the blog’s social media platforms as well
Welcome to Abbas Karimjee’s Weblog’s first Little Mosque on the Prairie contest!
Readers have until 9:00am eastern standard time on Friday, January 24 to answer all of the questions below. The questions are related to the show’s first two seasons.Submit your response in the comments section.
Those readers who answer all questions correctly, will be entered into a draw for a chance to win an autographed photo of Aliza Vellani [Layla] or Manoj Sood [Baber].A total of 8 prizes will be awarded for this contest.
Winners will be announced by Monday ,January 27 and will be contacted by e-mail.
1. In the series premiere, which character gets arrested at an airport for comments which are mistaken as declaration of intent to commit a terrorist act?
2. Which character said the following quote-“Wine, gums, root beer, western traps designed to teach Muslims to drink Alcohol”.
3. Which character enters Mercy Anglican in the series premiere and is shocked to see the Muslim congregation praying inside the building?
4. In the second episode of the show’s first season, a debate takes place at Mercy mosque about whether or not a barrier should be installed between the men and women of the congregation.Which female character wanted the barrier?
5. In the first season episode entitled “The Open House” , which character’s negligence causes an electrical explosion which requires the members and Christian guests of Mercy Mosque to evacuate the premises?
6. In the episode ”The Open House”, what does the Mayor want to be handed out to all of the guests as a condition for her attending the event?
7. In the first season, Marlon briefly converts to Islam and takes a extreme approach in practicing the religion. As a way to make him change his faith, what are four un-islamic things which Yasser, Sarah, Fatema, Rayyan and Baber do in front of him?
8. In the show’s first season, Mother Hammoudi arrives to Yasser and Sarah’s house asking Yasser to do something which really upsets Sarah .What did Mother Hammoudi ask of Yasser and why?
9. In the show’s first season, Rayyan develops a petition to get a female swimming instructor for the Muslim women after Fatima has an injury which requires her to take swimming lessons. Which character is specifically avoiding signing the petition for a personal gain and what is that personal gain?
10. What is the name of the firefighter who shows a strong ,romantic interest towards Rayyan in the show’s first season ?
11. In the second season episode, “ No fly list”, Baber claims that he is on the no fly list and is accompanied to the American consulate by two other characters to clear his name.Who are the two characters who accompany Baber and what is the real reason why Baber has been unable to fly?
12. In the second season episode entitled ”Jihad on Ice”, which four Muslim characters initially participate in a curling team?
13. In the second season episode entitled “Jihad on Ice”, Sarah discovers an Islamic tradition which requires Yasser to pay for her material needs. When he must follow this rule, how does Yasser trick Sarah into making her think she is actually owning as many clothes as she thinks she is?
14. In the second season episode, “Welcome To Mercy”Sarah assumes the role of acting mayor and is responsible for creating a new sign after the old one is destroyed in an accident.The new sign contains the phrase welcome in many different languages, but there is something wrong with it. What is wrong with the sign?
15. In season 2 Layla develops a crush which leads Amaar and Rayyan to believe that he is the object of her attraction. Although they are mistaken, what is the name of the person who Layla actually did have a crush on and how did Baber react when he discovered this?
16. In the show’s second season, Sarah participates in a charity talent show:
a] What talent does she showcase?
b] Baber initially objects to her participation until Layla makes a discovery which makes him to change his attitude about Sarah’s behaviour. Why is Baber against it and what exactly does Layla discover?
17. In the show’s second season, Fatema aspires to obtain her Canadian citizenship and receives help from two characters on the show to study for her testing. Who are the two characters who help her study?!
18. In the second season episode entitled “Lucky Day”, Sarah wins a lottery of $5000 and receives guidance from Rayyan and Amaar .After thinking about it , how she does she spend the money?
19 . Which character said the following :”See,I was never really good with rules, honey. When I was in school I always left my hall pass in the bathroom”.
20. In the episode entitled “Islam on Tap”, JJ discovers Rayyan’s past experience with dating as a teenager and become jealous about this. As a way of expressing his jealousy what activity does he make Rayyan participate in and why?