Posts Tagged ‘SGU’
Indeed, after much anticipation for SGU’s continuation in the form of a movie, producer Brad Wright announced in last week’s Chicago Con that plans for the SGU Movie had been cancelled. “We just recently found out that the SGU movie is not going to happen,” Wright said during his stage panel today. “It took too long. We just couldn’t get it together in time, and the window has closed. It’s actually sad for me, because after 17 years, I’m cleaning out my desk tomorrow morning.
Though Wright was certain as to the end of SGU, he did assert his satisfaction which both the series and the franchise in general had achieved. To demonstrate such sentiments, Wright indicated that “It was a great ride and I felt really good about [SGU] and about Stargate in general,” Wright continued. “When something’s been a part of your life for 15 years, it kind of takes you over.”
Wright also confirmed that the long awaited, Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis movies, Stargate Revolution and Stargate Extinction have been cancelled. The movies, which had been written over a year ago had been continuously delayed to due to MGM’s financial issues as well as issues in the economy.
Though there is currently no foreseeable future for Stargate, Wright remains optimistic as to the franchise’s future,“It’s a franchise. Stargate is not over,” he said. “Somebody smart from MGM is going to figure it out, and something will happen.”
What is your reaction to this news and why do you think the franchise was unable to continue? What aspect of the cancellation has you the most disappointed and what do you think will become of Stargate? Sound off in the comments section!
Take a read through below for a brief excerpt and look at the promotional features for tonight’s episode of Stargate Universe, entitled Seizure. The episode features Stargate Atlantis alumini, David Hewlett[ Dr. Rodney McKay] and Robert Picardo[ Richard Woolsey] as well as guest star, Victor Garber.
Homeworld Command tries to convince an ally they suspect might be infiltrated by the Lucian Alliance to let them use their planet to dial Destiny. Meanwhile, Rush (Robert Carlyle) is trapped in a simulation created by Amanda Perry (Kathleen Munroe).- Space Channel
Rush slips into a coma in the neural interface chair, and Amanda connects with him in the ship’s matrix, but Ginn informs Eli of a problem with that scenario. Elsewhere, Dr. Rodney McKay’s plan to dial the ninth chevron address hits a snag. TV Guide
What are your thoughts or speculations for this episode?Are you looking forward to seeing the Atlantis alumni? What will become of Rush and will Rodney’s plan succeed? Will the Lucian Alliance be prevented from invading Destiny once again or is history destined to repeat itself. Sound off in the comments section , to share your thoughts.
Actress Julia Benson has been leading a distinguished career,having recently been involved in Syfy’s feature film,Earth’s Final Hours and having played the role of the vibrant,independent and emerging character of Lt.Vanessa James on Syfy’s,Stargate Universe.
With Stargate Universe currently airing in its final episodes and Julia being kind enough to participate in an interview with us, we took the opportunity to chat with Julia about her experience with the fandom, her perspective on the new direction which SGU brought the Stargate franchise into , how Julia related to the character of James the actress’ perspective and on how the character of James has developed over the course of the show, Julia’s thoughts on the cancellation of SGU and much more!
Being a Vancouver based actor,I was fairly familiar with the Stargate Franchise.
I hadn’t really watched much Sci-fi before getting cast on SGU.Although,I did get into Firefly,which I can’t believe got cancelled,I loved it!
I had previously done an episode of Stargate Atlantis, and had a great time! Stargate has been a huge part of our industry for so many years so it’s weird to not have a Stargate show currently shooting
2. Science Fiction fans have been known for their great passion and loyalty towards genre entertainment. What have been the various ways in which you have connected with fans and could you please, briefly describe your experience in interacting with the fandom?
I think Sci-fi shows are lucky to have the kind of fans they do. All of the fans that I have had the chance to meet in person have been fantastic. I try to interact with people on my facebook fan page and twitter.I will be going to my first convention in June- so I am excited to meet some more of our fans then!
3. Stargate Universe brought the Stargate franchise into a new direction, with a greater focus on character driven relationships and an initial emphasis on the crew’s challenge of surviving in space. What was your opinion on the franchise’s new direction and what are your thoughts on the writer’s initial emphasis on establishing the backgrounds of the series’ characters. How do you think this initial focus has impacted the storytelling of SGU 2.5?
I think that all great shows focus on character- that is the heart of storytelling. The circumstances that characters are put in just teach you more about characters, so I love the direction that the writers took SGU. It’s great to explore where the characters came from as it helps the audience understand why the characters react the way they do in different situations.
4. How have you related to the character of Vanessa James?
I think that Vanessa has both strength and vulnerability. She can be one of the guys but also has a softer side; those are qualities that I definitely relate to.I also think that in difficult situations she wants to do what is right and even though it doesn’t always work out how she planned, she always gives it her all.
5. What has been the most challenging aspect of playing the character and how have you coped with this challenge?
I have really enjoyed all the aspects of playing Vanessa James; I particularly loved working with Bam Bam (James Bamford) on stunts. You have to be so focused and precise while at the same time stay in the moment as an actor. I have crazy respect for stunt actors, the things they do on set are mind blowing and…they make us look good! I would love to play another role that has some fighting and stunt work as it is a ton of fun.
6.In the season one episode, Pain, viewers had the opportunity to learn that James still had strong romantic feelings for Lt Matthew Scott and had to cope with a great sense of abandonment, given that he moved into a relationship with Chloe. Why do you think James has had such difficulty in overcoming the loss of Scott and do you think her attitude regarding Chloe and Matthew Scott’s relationship has evolved?
James had real feelings for Scott, plain and simple. He was messing around with her for one reason and she was there for another. I think that being stuck on a ship with someone you care about and having to watch them fall in love with someone else is awful. It makes it so much harder to get over when there is no distance.These things take time, and James takes it!
7. How do you think the character of James has developed since the series inauguration what aspirations did you have for the character
James went through a lot in the first season. There is a Kino scene that was only released on the DVD and it is a nice description of her journey throughout the first season. Since the beginning she has really been dealing with 3 things; trying to get home, her feelings for Scott, and her constant desire to find her place in Young’s eyes.I think that in season 2 she settles into her role on the ship. She is a bit harder and she may have finally let go of Scott…you’ll have to wait and see.
8.Back in December, Syfy announced the cancellation of Stargate Universe, once the show concludes in its current second season. What was your reaction when you discovered that the series had been cancelled and why do you think SGU was unable to attract the audience needed for the series to continue? How do you feel about the series ending this season?
I am definitely sad that SGU got cancelled. We had a really great thing going and I am grateful for the experience. But nothing in our business is permanent so you just have to appreciate what it was and move forward.
Our fans have been incredible since the show got cancelled and we all really appreciate the support, hopefully we get to make a movie to finish up our story! It would be so great to work with the cast and crew again.
9. Could you please give us an idea as to the challenges and adventures for the crew of Destiny in the second half of the season?
Some crazy stuff happens….spoiler, spoiler, spoiler. That is all I can say- WATCH IT!!
10. Which episode in the second half of the season is your favourite? Why?
Epilogue is a very cool episode and it was so much fun to shoot. There are a lot of “changes” that we all go through as characters…should be lots of fun for the audience.
11.Although Stargate Universe has been cancelled as a TV series, producer Brad Wright has been negotiating with MGM to continue Destiny’s journey, in the form of movies or another medium. What are your thoughts on this and would you be willing to reprise as James? What type of role would you like the character to play in achieving the end of Destiny’s mission?
Shooting a movie with everyone would be a dream. It would be great for the fans to have an ending and it would be really nice for the characters to get closure. I want to see James kick some serious alien butt!
12. What message do you have for fans of the series, as SGU draws to a close?
Thank you for all of your support over the past two years; it has been an awesome experience. I look forward to meeting some of you at conventions!
13. Are there any other acting projects which you have been working on, which you would like to share with viewers?
I have a couple of things coming up, but my most exciting venture is a project that my husband, Peter and I have with Ryan Copple (Riese). Details are in the final stages but I will be updating everyone on my Facebook page when things are locked down. This is a big year for us shooting our own work! Also, I starred in a movie with fellow SGU cast mate Robert Knepper called Earth’s Final Hours that will air on Syfy later this year!
Though Hulu initially indicated that new episodes of Stargate Universe would not be available until 30 days after an episodes’ initial broadcast on Syfy, it seems that is no longer the case as the recent episodes, Deliverance and Twin Destinies are available for free viewing.
Though there is still question as to whether this is merely an oversight or if rights have actually been attained, whether Hulu posts the coming episode, Alliances, will give viewers a greater degree of certainty.
Readers who are greatly behind on the show or merely wish to re-watch old episodes, should note that the site provides streaming of the final three episodes in the first half of the current season.
Readers, who do not want to deal with the advertisements associated with the free viewing of Hulu or are outside of the US, episodes for 2.99 in high-definition or 1.99 in low definition from iTunes @http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?id=392363582&s=143441&uo=4&partnerId=30&partnerId=30&siteID=2cvd55rHd.s-JsSK3hXm.KdCcN_8tdKqmw
Do you watch SGU Online ?Should this be the case, which site do you watch the show from and why?
Take a look at Canada’s Space Network’s trailer for SGU 2.5, which will make its debut on the network on Tuesday, March 8 at 10:00pm eastern standard time, with Deliverance. The brief 30 second trailer, features some of the previous scenes from the current second season, before giving fans a peak at some of the excitement to come in the final 10 episodes of the series.
Among this excitement, is the long-awaited confrontation between Sergeant Greer and Chloe as well as yet another dispute between Dr. Rush and Colonel Young after another opportunity to return home arises.
Take a look at the trailer directly below and share your thoughts in the comments section!
Indeed we are greatly disappointed to have to report that Stargate Universe has been cancelled by Syfy . The series, which is currently in its second season, will air the last ten episodes in its second half this spring, before drawing to a premature end.
The news of the abrupt cancellation was first posted on Twitter today, where Syfy’s Craig Engler indicated that “Syfy will end its original action-adventure series Stargate Universe when the show returns with the final 10 episodes of its second season in the Spring of 2011,” Engler said. “The Stargate franchise — consisting of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe — has aired on Syfy since 2002.
Stargate Universe was to be different from its sister series, Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis in that it was to be more of a character based drama, which although would maintain the long term elements of adventure and humour, would also develop a more darker grittier tone. The series initially received a great deal of negative fan reception as the inception of the series was announced in simultaneous reports to the cancellation of the previous, Stargate Atlantis, causing many fans to be misinterpret the news reports to suggest that Stargate Universe was an intended replacement of this previous incarnation.
Although the series debut received strong ratings, with over 2 million viewers, by end of the inaugural season, the series was merely attracting 1.5 million viewers. In an effort to regain viewership,SyFy made a decision to move the Friday night series to Tuesdays, a night where programs tend to typically attract more live viewers . However, this effort has proven to have gone in vein as the first half of the current second season merely averaged 1.1 million viewers. It should, however be noted that the series scores significantly higher ratings in DVR viewings, suggesting that there is still a strong fanbase for the series. Possible reasons for the great number of delayed viewings include the great competition present from other network series on Tuesday nights.
There has been no news as to the possibility of a fourth Stargate series nor has there been any news on the developments of a SGU movie, to follow the series finale Deliverance, which will air in June 2011 as a cliff-hanger.
To make matters worse, various cast members of the series have reported that they found out about the news from their fans on Twitter and received no prior notice of the cancellation.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the entire cast and crew of Stargate Universe for their efforts into this series. Indeed, we embraced the new direction of Stargate, which you had helped create and were looking forward to having the series further develop in its exciting direction.We shall remember both the characters and storylines , which the series established and had the potential to further explore, for years to come.Thank you for a spectacular two years and best wishes for the future are extended to all those involved in the series.
What is your reaction to the series’ cancellation?What are your thoughts on the future of the Stargate franchise?
UPDATE- Producer, Joseph Mallozzi indicated on his blog, that there still may be a minimal extent of hope , for a third season of Stargate Universe. Though he maintained that such an outcome was unlikely, he did assert that it was possible, saying the following.
“Well, the SyFy cancellation makes it very long odds that we’ll be producing a third season next year. BUT IS THIS THE END? Damn you’re persistent. The honest answer is: I don’t know. No, that’s not entirely true. The truth is I do know some – but only enough to say it doesn’t look good and it’s very log odds we’ll be producing a third season next year – yet still only enough to say I can’t say this is definitely the end. At least for now”.
Further developments on alternative approaches to producing the third season, will be posted on this blog as soon as they are available.
Indeed when we were at the recent SGU Live:InnerSpace Event, we had the opportunity to have a official cast photo autographed by SGU actors, Brian J Smith[ Lt Matthew Scott],Alaina Huffman[ Lt. Tamara Johansen], David Blue[Eli Wallace], Elyse Levesque [ Chloe Armstrong],Jamil Walker Smith,[ Sargeant Ronald Greer] Louis Ferreira[ Colonel Everett Young]and Ming Na[ Camille Wray].Take a look at this photo directly below and tell us what you think!
Stargate Universe follows a band of soldiers, scientists and civilians, who must fend for themselves as they are forced through a Stargate when their hidden base comes under attack. The desperate survivors emerge aboard an ancient ship, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth.
In the new season, the team fights to take back the ship from the Lucian Alliance, who transported themselves on board Destiny with plans to take control. The team also discovers their true mission. It’s not about going home, it’s about going further.
Stargate Universe stars Robert Carlyle (Trainspotting, The Full Monty) as Dr. Nicholas Rush; Louis Ferreira (Hidden Hills, Grey Gardens) as Colonel Everett Young; Brian J. Smith (The War Boys, Hate Crime) as 1st Lt. Matthew Scott; Elyse Levesque as Chloe Armstrong; David Blue (Ugly Betty, Moonlight) as Eli Wallace; Alaina Huffman (Smallville, Painkiller Jane) as Lt. Tamara Johansen; Jamil Walker Smith (Waynehead, Sister, Sister) as Master Sergeant Ronald Greer; Ming-Na (ER, The Joy Luck Club) as Camile Wray; and Lou Diamond Phillips (Stand and Deliver, Young Guns) as Colonel Telford. This season, series star Robert Carlyle makes his directorial debut in episode four, “Pathogen.”[ SyFy]
Indeed as the second season of Stargate Universe commences, readers should note that each of the episodes from the coming season will be available on ITunes. Viewers have the option of purchasing a seasons pass, which covers all 20 episodes in the season for a cost of $34:99.Purchasing a season pass, allows for all current episodes in a season to be downloaded and for all additional ones to be automatically ready for download upon release.
Alternatively, episodes can also be individually purchased for a cost of $2:00 per show. To make a purchase, simply visit SGU’s iTunes page and submit your order! Happy viewing!
Actor,Victor Garber has been casted for the role of Ambassador Ovirda of the planet, Langera which, of-course , is the homeworld of the former SG1 member, Jonas Quinn[ Corin Nemic]. Knepper is scheduled to appear in the fifteenth episode of Stargate Universe`s sophomore season,Seizure. This role maybe of great relevance to the plot of SGU,as Lanageros has a rich supply of naquadira – which is needed on Icarus type planets in the milky way to dial Destiny. Co creator of Stargate Universe, Brad Wright stated in an interview with Show Patrol that this role may convert to one of a recurring nature.
Garber has appeared in a variety of 21 century hit TV series and films including Glee, Legally Blonde, and The Outer Limits.
SGU 2.5 can now be seen on ITunes. For the blog’s report on this, visit our report @http://abbaskarimjeeweblog.com/2011/03/22/stargate-universes-alliances-drops-ratings-to-a-series-low/
Season 2 Ratings – Your Complete Online Reference to the second Season Ratings of SGU.
How well did that episode do?…………..
September 29 2010-Indeed the change to Tuesday nights on SyFy, does not seem to be creating the desired impacts for the viewership numbers of Stargate Universe’s second season.The season premiere, Intervention scored the lowest rating earned by an episode in the series to date.-Intervention, attracted a total of 1.175 million viewers, which is a reduction of 20 percent decrease in viewers since the season 1 finale of SGU,Intervention part 1 which aired June 2010.
This change in days was implemented in an effort to increase live ratings as more viewers would be at home on a weekday night and thus more likely to be available to tune in.
While this rating may be disappointing to the passionate viewers and dedicated cast and crew of the series, ratings may improve next week as Caprica, which has been slated for the 10:00pm slots on Tuesday nights will be returning. As a result, this may increase viewership more audience, may tune in for SGU to pass the time as they wait for Caprica.
Stargate Universe returns next week on Tuesday, October 5 on SyFy at 9:00pm with an all new episode entitled, Aftermath. Be sure to tune in!
October 6 2010-Stargate Universe’s second seems to be having a rough start, with ratings falling even lower than those for the season premiere, Intervention. This week’s episode, Aftermath scored a 1,07 million rating per average household, which is a 9 percent drop from the previous 1,75 ,million earned last week.
Although ratings continue to decrease in the USA, Canada earned a 16 percent increase for the season premiere, Intervention from the summer finale, Incursion Part 2. This suggests that the issues does not stem from a decreasing fan base, but rather that those in the USA are not aware of the time change from Friday to Tuesday nights as Canada retained its Friday nights for SGU. The possibility also exists that viewers are recording the show and watching it later in order to enjoy another Tuesday night program.
Coincidently Caprica which made its move from Friday nights as well this season,suffered lower ratings as well with only 888 million viewers tuning in for the series finale.This perhaps indicate a general lack of awareness of the change in scheduling of SyFy’s previous Friday night series.
We anticipate that next week’s episode, Awakening will earn higher ratings. Be sure to tune in at 9:00pm on Tuesday, October 12 2010 to view the episode.
October 13 2010- Stargate Universe is finally showing a rise in ratings in its second season after earning a score of 1.222 million viewers for the latest episode, Awakening which aired on Tuesday, October 12 at 9:00pm on Syfy. The episode is a 14 % increase since the ratings of last week’s episode, Aftermath, which earned 1.07 million. The episode is also the one to earn the highest viewership in the season, to date.
Caprica,which airs right after SGU, at 10:00pm had a decrease in 5%of viewership from the previous week ,with an approximate total of 840, 000 viewers.
We anticipate that SGU’s ratings will continue to rise as the season further progresses!
October 20 2010-
Indeed the second season of Stargate Universe has reached a new low for the franchise, with the recent episode, Pathogen earning the franchise’s first live rating under one million viewers. Pathogen, SGU’s fourth episode in its current sophomore season, earned a rating of 964 000 viewers for its 9:00pm slot on Tuesday, October 19, reports PiFeedback.The score represents a drop of 20% of live viewers from last week’s episode, Awakening.
Caprica, which airs on Tuesdays at 10:00pm, right after SGU reached a new low for the ratings in its most recent episode. The series’ recent episode merely earned 718 000 live viewers.
However, the decrease in live viewership does not signify such a lower viewership for Stargate Universe in the USA. According to producer, Joseph Mallozzi on a recent post at his blog, the live plus 7 days ratings earned a 78 increase than the live ratings while the live plus same day ratings jumped by 40%. This evidence suggests that Stargate Universe currently has a total of 1.65, million viewers through SyFy. Also, note that the former two ratings cover online viewership through sites us as iTunes or Hulu.Be sure to tune in for a all new episode of SGU, Cloverdale on Tuesday, October 26 2010 at 9:00pm on SyFy.
October 27 2010-
Indeed the ratings for the second season of Stargate Universe are increasing again, with the ratings for the recent episode, Cloverdale scoring a total viewership of 1.01 million viewers. This rating represents live plus same day viewings meaning those who watched the program at the normal 9:00pm time slot or recorded it but, watched it before 3:00am. Caprica, which follows SGU at 10:00pm had an increase in 17% in viewership from the previous week’s rating, earning a total of 840 000 viewers. However, the series was still cancelled today because of the generally low ratings it has earned throughout its current first season.Its remaining five episodes have been taken off the air until early 2011. SGU, will now have a different series, following it on Tuesday nights as of next week.
We are pleased that the ratings for the show’s second season increased this week and hope that this continues.
November 3 2010
Indeed the midterm US presidential elections acted as a detriment to Stargate Universe’s rating for the recent episode, Trial and Error.The episode attracted an estimated of 967, 000 viewers for its live plus same day ratings on Tuesday, November 2 at 9:00pm eastern standard time.
This is a four percent decrease in viewership from last week’s episode and the program’s second episode in the current season which scored the rare rating[ for Stargate, atleast] under 1 million views.
Online reports, seem to suggest that the show had a decrease in viewership from those above 55, while adults under 55 and males 18-49 had a significant ,30 percent increase.
Be sure to tune in for next week’s episode, The Greater Good at 9:00pm on Tuesday, November 9 on SyFy.
Indeed the midterm US presidential elections acted as a detriment to Stargate Universe’s rating for the recent episode, Trial and Error.The episode attracted an estimated of 967, 000 viewers for its live plus same day ratings on Tuesday, November 2 at 9:00pm eastern standard time.
This is a four percent decrease in viewership from last week’s episode and the program’s second episode in the current season which scored the rare rating[ for Stargate, atleast] under 1 million views.
Online reports, seem to suggest that the show had a decrease in viewership from those above 55, while adults under 55 and males 18-49 had a significant 320 percent increase.
Be sure to tune in for next week’s episode, The Greater Good at 9:00pm on Tuesday, November 9 on SyFy.
November 10 2010
Ratings for Stargate Universe have gone up again!The recent episode ,Greater Good scored a rating of 1.074 ,million viewers. The episode aired on SyFy on Tuesday, November 9 at 9:00pm.This is an 11% increase from the previous week’s ratings.
Below is a chart of the ratings of other Tuesday night series, from November 9 2010.
|Dancing With The Stars||16.96 million||ABC|
|NCIS:Los Angeles’||15.62 million||CBS|
|The Biggest Looser||6.75 million||NBC|
|Running Wilde||2.83 million||Fox|
Be sure to tune in this Tuesday, November 16 2010 for a new episode of SGU, Malice, which was produced by Robert C Copper and shot in location at New Mexico.
November 19 2010
Ratings for Stargate Universe continue to remain relatively consistent this season, with the recent episode, Malice earning a score of 1.025 million viewers per average household. This is a slight 4.5% decrease in the ratings from the previous episode, The Greater Good.
Although contrasts in ratings cannot be a made to other current SyFy Tuesday night series as Caprica has been pulled off the air until January 2011 due to its recent cancellation, Sanctuary, which airs on Friday nights, increased its viewership by 24 percent from the previous week, earning a rating of 5.246 million per average household
Be sure to watch a brand new episode of Stargate Universe, Visitation on Tuesday, November 23 at 9:00pm eastern time on SyFy. If you wish to be spoiled, keep scrolling below for promotional features and official descriptions of the episode, further below.
November 24 2010
Indeed the ratings for Stargate Universe’s second season continued in its upward spiral this week, with the recent episode, Visitation earning a grand total of 1.169 million viewers per average household in the live plus same day category.
This is a 14 % increase from the previous week’s episode, Malice. Furthermore, this rating was practically equal to the rating of the season 2 premiere, Intervention [see above]
A decision on a third season will likely be made sometime in December or January, as the mid season finale would have aired and SyFy can use the ratings of the first half of season 2 to decide the show’s fate.
As for other Sy Fy ratings,Sanctuary’s recent episode, “Animus,” scored 20% less than the previous episode , earning 1.259 million viewers per household average.
Be sure to tune in for next week’s episode, Resurgence, which is the mid season finale. If you are not generally cautious about spoilers, scroll below for the trailer and sneak peak of the episode.
December 4 2010-
Indeed the ratings for the mid season finale of Stargate Universe’s secomd season, Resurgence is in. The episode, which aired on SyFy on Tuesday, November 30 at 9:00pm scored a total rating of 1.094 ,million viewers per average household. This is a 6% decrease from the previous week’s rating.
For contrast’s sake, Sanctuary’s previous episode, Breech, which aired on Friday, November 26 earned a rating of 1.0782 million. This is 18 |%| improvement from the previous episode.
Overall, Stargate Universe averaged a total rating of 1.0782 million. The first half’s high was in the third episode, Awakening which earned a rating of 1.222 , million viewers while the low was three episodes later, which earned 967 million viewers.
A decision on the show’s future will be made later in December or possibly after the holidays, in January 2011.We look forward to seeing SGU 2.5 in spring 2011 and eagerly anticipate that the show will be renwed for a third season.
Ratings are now posted as individual reports. Please refer to the blog’s sidebar under the Recent Posts Section, for a report on this week’s rating.
[polldaddy poll=4691077]Next Time on SGU
Descriptions of Upcoming Episodes
Twin Destinies:Eli may have found a way home, but Rush believes the plan could go catastrophically wrong. After experts on Earth decide in favor of Eli’s plan, Rush announces his intention to remain on the ship and calls for volunteers to stay with him
Alliances:Ginn resurfaces in Chloe via the communication stones, creating a dilemma for Eli and Rush to solve; Greer becomes a kidney donor after Tamara diagnoses Volker with end-stage renal disease.
.What are your thoughts on the descriptions?Do you have speculations for the upcoming episode? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section.
SGU International Schedule Center – Season 2.0
What time does SGU in your country SGU air in your country
|Episode Title||Episode#||Debut Date[Sy Fy-USA]||Time||Debut Date[Space-Canada]||Time|
|Deliverance||11||March 7||10:00pm||March 8||10:00pm|
|Twin Destinies||12||March 14||10:00pm||March 15||10:00pm|
|Alliances||13||March 21||10:00pm||March 22||10:00pm|
|Hope||14||March 28||10:00pm||March 29||10:00pm|
|Sizeure||15||April 4||10:00pm||April 5||10:00pm|
|The Hunt||16||April 11||10:00pm||April 12||10:00pm|
|Common Descwnt||17||April 18||10:00pm||April 19||10:00pm||,|
|Eiologue||18||April 26||10:00pm||April 27||10:00pm|
|Gauntlent||20||May 10||10:00pm||May 11||10:00pm|
All slots for Syfy[ USA] and Space [ Canada] have been noted in eastern standard time while timings for Sky One[ UK] have been noted in GMT. Please note that all timings have been verified by the respective stations. Should you wish to have the time slots for a station in your country which is airing season 2 episodes of Stargate Universe ,added to the table, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Trivia of the Week
Test your SGU Knowledge every week to try to be the best at the test!
The correct answer for each week’s trivia will be posted every Tuesday by 9:00pm eastern standard time. Results for the trivia will only be accessible once the correct answer has been posted.
We also welcome your Trivia of the Week! Send it to us at email@example.com
When submitting your question be sure to include the following:
- Provide four options for answering your question
- Indicate the correct answer in your correspondence.
- We recommend that readers provide a link m where the correct answer can be verified. Please note that those readers who do not submit a resource, which verifies the correct answer, shall have their submission denied in the event that the administration cannot locate online verification.
- If you wish to be credited for your submission, please indicate this in your e-mail. We will not credit you on the site unless we receive permission from you to do so.
Should further direction be required, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Get submitting!
Episode 201- Intervention (Season 2 Premiere]
- Chloe’s sudden recovery . How did this happen? Do you think her time with the aliens may explain this? If so, what could this mean for Dr. Rush who was captured by the aliens for an even longer period? What other possible reasons are there?
- Varro convincing the LA to spare the military personal aboard Destiny by dropping them of at the planet. Discuss the troubles faced at the planet
- Also, note how Varro’s desire to spare the lives cost him his place with the Alliance. As a result, he, along with those loyal to him, were discarded at the planet. He used the argument of how he helped save the lives of crew’s military personnel as a way to receive help from Young when they were all stranded on the planet. Do you think this reasoning warranted him receiving Young’s Mercy?
- Do you think this more friendlier dynamic will come into play , now that Young has regained control over the ship and thus has contained the Lucian Alliance? Essentially, how will Young’s treatment towards Varro be now that he [ Young] has regained control?
- TJ’S journey - What are your thoughts on it? What do you think occurred? Do you think it was mere vision or do you think it actually happened? If you do, how do you think it happened? Why? Please provide reasons for all opinions.
- Dr. Rush- Do you think his tactic was appropriate? Was he right to believe that the LA would surrender? Was his decision of locking the hypoclab appropriate? Was his willingness to sacrifice the lives of the few members stuck outside of the ship warrant?
- TJ’s future – How do you think she will cope with her vision? Will she divulge her experience to anyone on the ship? Who do you think she might confide in, if anyone? What would be the reaction of that individual?What potential possibilities , would involve this vision coming to play in the future?
Season 2 Episode 2 [ Aftermath]
Rush’s discovery of the bridge
- His discovery leads him to discover a planet nearby with food ,water and other essential supplies. However, visiting this planet poses a risk as it has been locked out of the course and does not posses a functional Stargate.
- Gloria’s reappearance – note how she questions Rush’s decision for altering the course, advising him that red usually means bad
- Note how she advises Rush to inform the crew, but he asserts Young’s instability as a leader, referencing to how Young almost strangled a prisoner to death
- Dr, Franklin’s reappearance and how he informs Rush of the volcanic activity. This shows how Rush’s arrogance has clouded his judgement which has in turn compromising the safety of other crew members
- Colonel Young committing euthanasia on Sergeant Riley – Do you think his actions were appropriate. Why? Do you think that the others TJ, Park, Scott,Greer, Eli, e,tc] suspect him of killing Riley?
- Rush’s sense of responsibility for the death of Sergeant Riley. Refer to comment made two points above
- Camille’s interrogation with Ginn. Her discovery of how Ginn was forced into the alliance to save the life her of family and how the alliance intruded Destiny because of its godlike powers – to control space and time. What are your thoughts on this? Do you believe that Ginn has been an innocent individual who has been a unwilling participant of the Lucian Alliance ? What did the Alliance want with this power?
- The end result with the Lucian Alliance - the list from Home World Command - Certain members of the LA were permitted to stay while others were sent off
- Note how Telford is already assuming an increased authoritative role on Destiny – he uses the communication stones without consent and was instructed by Homeworld command to ensure that those on the list remained on board even if it meant he had to assume command. He seems to be becoming the military representative of Destiny. What are your thoughts on this.
Tribute to Riley
- Homage to Sergeant Riley. Take a look at the recent Kino episode, which offers a tribute to Sargeant Riley below and share your sentiments on it afterwards.
Season 2 Episode 3 ( Awakening)
The Seed Ship.
Who do you think these are the aliens and how did they end up on Destiny? Based on their deception and the one alien who attacked Rush and the other soldier, do you think they are violent?
- The power capacity of the seeder ship- It would provide the sufficient power needed to make a connection to Earth- Rush’s disturbance by this realization and his visions with Gloria. Although he is displeased by this m he does end up providing the assistance needed to transfer the power
- The FTL time off for the transfer of data. What do you think they would have found?Eli mentions that it could be anything from the history of the ancients to Destiny’s Mission. Do you have any thoughts on this?
- The Stargates of the seeder ship - Rush’s reaction when being shown this by Greer and Scott
- The attempt to dial home
- The discovery of further stases pods- The aliens taking over the ship and redirect power back. The danger of Destiny loosing all of its power.
- Telford’s sacrifice – his willingness to revert power back after the aliens’ actions but ultimate failure to do so. His final words to Young . What do you think will become of him? Do you think we will see him?
- Do you think Rush did this truly for the benefit of the crew and the ship or because he was not ready to go home? Discuss.
The Lucian Alliance Prisoners
- Young’s unwillingness to integrate the LA on the ship abd he how he expresses his lack of faith in them ever proving their worthiness Notre Varro’s diplomacy and Simon’s aggressive behaviour. Discuss future dynamics which will result, with the knowledge that the LA will be integrated into the ship.
- Camille providing info on the discovery of the seed ship to the prisoners and how she believes treating then well will be helpful for Homeworld Command in obtaining the necessary info to defend itself from the LA attack. Note how she argues that they have a responsibility to protect those at home and her argument of how many of them had no choice in joining the alliance. Do you agree with any of her points? Discuss.
TJ and Chloe
- Chloe’s foot fully healed wound. Speculate the cause as this will be explored greatly in the coming episode, Pathogen.
- TJ’s continued shock from the vision. Do you think she will confide in anyone, as Chloe suggested? Who?
- Memorial service of Sergeant Riley.Although this was not shown on screen, discuss emotions seen in characters surrounding his demise.
- For video of the Kino episode which acts as a tribute to the character, please refer to the previous week’s discussion guide above.
Season 2 Episode 4 [ Pathogen]
Stargate Universe Pathogen Discussion
Chloe is constantly sleep walking and blacking out. Eli confronts Scott about this, who also agrees that she has been withdrawn and distant. He indicates how he has been unsuccessful in getting info from Chloe. The two of them agree that is unexplainable ad concerning Chloe’s wound has healed
Scott confronting Chloe about the true commitment for their relationship, by asking if they would be together under normal circumstances. His comment on how he has not done well with relationships in the past and wants to make sure he Has done nothing to offend Chloe
- Chloe’s disappearance. James’ discovery of her
- Scott’s discovery of Chloe’s diary and how the recent entries have been In the alien language [ same one as that of the crashed ship seen in Justice]
- Rush’s suggestion that something may be happening on a cellular level, but how he asserts that letting her roam on the ship, would be more useful in that they can learn more about what is happening by watching her. His true intention of using Chloe’s advanced mind, to help him solve equations related to the ship’s system
- Note, how Rush attempts to instil the belief that Chloe is cured by putting in the Ancient Chair. He is now manipulating her into playing along so that she will play along for the sake of her freedom . Rush take’s advantage by using her advanced knowledge to him solve further mathematical problems of the ship. Comment on the manipulation. How long do you the deception of her being cured, will last, considering that the blackouts is a clearly visible condition.
- What could this mean for the future of her relationship with Scott? Also, would he be affected on a cellular level given his sexual relationship with Chloe? Discuss.
- The Lucian Alliance prisoners are being released as they have provided a great deal of Intel regarding the impending Lucian Alliance attack against Earth. The crew must now deal with them being integrated into the mainstream population of Destiny
- Young’s change in the point of view of their release Each of the prisoner’s has been assigned a escort. Greer’s opposition of this view. Note, this is the first time where he questions Colonel Young’s judgement.
- Simoen’s offensive remark to Park. Greer’s defence of Park by attacking Simeon. Is Greer still with Park or was he merely expressing a commitment towards securing the safety of all of the Earth crew members
- Simeon’s shock when he discovers that Varro and the others have been providing reliable intel to make the situation work. What do you think will become of Simeon when Young discovers that he has been providing false Intel, Do you think Varro would take serious against Simeon as a way to show his trust and allegiance to Young.How would you like to see Simeon’s antagonistic role increase? Discuss
- Eli ‘s call to Earth because of his mother’s deteriorating condition. Although they have treated immediate issues if her counts dropped further her HIV would become AIDS. She has stopped taking medication because of depression which has placed her at great risk of acquiring Aids. Eli needs to help his mother want to get better.
- Eli playing the role of Sergeant Tracy convincing his mom that Eli cares greatly for him but is unable to get free from the important work he is doing under the , mlitary’s supervision
- Maryann argues that Eli is not worried enough to be there himself
- Eli’s desperate attempt to communicate that he is in fact her son. His attempt to explain the Stargate program, the situation aboard Destiny and how he is using the communication stones to be with his. Note, how this causes his mom , further distress. Discuss the heartfelt and deep emotions surrounding these scenes
- Note how Eli confides in Camille [ whose visit back home will be discussed further
- below] She is the only person who he has to talk to on Earth. Camille’s empathetic side is showcased here
- Camille’s bold plan to help Eli, when he requests that she explain the situation to his mom. Her solution to bring Eli’s mom on Destiny so she can she that her son is fine and cares for her , but is unable to be with her given the circumstances, Comment on Camille’s reasons for demanding that his mom be allowed. Do you agree with the reasons
- Also, note how Camille ad Eli greatly bonded for each other. Discuss this friendship, the heartfelt emotion surrounding it and future potential
- Eli and Wray’s plan to help their loved ones, by suggesting that Sharon and Maryann meet. Comment on the smartness and effectiveness in doing this so that their loved ones have a sense of empathetic support. How could this effect Camille and Eli, if their loved ones connect?
Camille’s Visit Home
- Sharon’s new alcoholic tendencies. Her increase in consumption.
- Her change in attitude as evident from her reaction of how she forgot where her keys were and her outburst against Camille. Discuss.
- Note her comment on how the awkwardness of the situation with Camille showing up in a different person’s body each time in that she misses Camille’s voice and body as well. What do you think this foreshadows for Camille and Sharon’s relationship?
- Do you think Sharon’s friendship with Maryann could improve her situation and thus her patience? Do you think we will have the chance to revisit these characters later this season to see how well they have connected and are therefore doing.
Season 2 Episode 5 – Cloverdale
Scott had been infected by the one of the plant like creatures on the planet
- Infection was spreading through his arm
- Nothing which had been tried to heal him of it, worked.
- While the others were moving to the gate to gain distance from the aliens, Rush went ahead to obtain supplies required to amputate
- When TJ attempted to cut him, the colour of the blood had changed suggesting that it was an internal issue- Nothing could be done
- Greer called for reinforcements and supplies from Destiny so that they could barricade the area surrounding the gate in order to prevent the creatures from attacking the immediate area[ it seems that he has redeemed himself in terms of his ability to use torches!]
- TJ had three hours to somehow find a cure
- TJ confirmed Chloe’s statement that Scott was dying, indicating that they would have to gate to Destiny in time for the next FTL jump, before Scott died
- Chloe argued that she would not leave Scott behind
- TJ notes how a bug was on Chloe , removing it from her, indicating that it was a miracle that she was not infected
- Chloe escapes to voluntarily become contracted with the illness,
- Rush inquires as to why Chloe did this and Chloe asserts that she cannot be infected as she was sure the bug had previously touched her skin, yet she was left unharmed. She has developed an immunity because of what the aliens did to her.
- Rush comes up with the idea to save Scott, howeverm while doing so, allows TJ to conclude that the ancient chair in the previous episode, did not cure Chloe
- Note Eli’s glance at Chloe when she decides to stay. Was he upset at her for truly choosing Scott over him or concerned for her giving up, what he thought to be the ret of her life for a mere few hours
- TJ notes that this means Chloe has not been healed however agrees to conduct the transfusion Does this mean we now have two mutating crew members aboard Destiny?
- Greer conducting the transfusion in the end
- Scott ‘s wedding right before the moment, he regains consciousness. Chloe’s half mutating face at the alter seems to suggest that although Scott has united with her, there are challenges beyond the ordinary which face him.
- Could also suggest that his union with Chloe in terms of “body” is a subtle hint that he too will now be infected like her
- Young’s reaction on receiving Chloe and Scott- How do you think Scott’s relationship with Chloe will be affected?
- Going home to Cloverdale after battle at Khandhar
- Note the Character Symbolization
- Greer the best man
- Colonel Young- father figure
- Chloe- current fiancé who Scott is uncertain about given his past relationships
- Vanessa James - ex lover
- Brody – the one to run him over- What do you think this says about his view of Brody?!
- Rush the peacekeeper – note his comment on how Scott will not die but we all will eventually
- Telford – the police officer [ note his comment on the blur of waking up from a hangover and never feeling the same when you wake up – reference to his actual reaction when he came out of the brainwashing
- Although Scott does not currently have family on Earth, would it not make sense for his son to somehow come into his vision, particularly, given the fact that he is one of the main reasons we, as viewers, are rooting for Scott to return to Earth. Discuss
- What are your thoughts and reactions on seeing the cast take on slightly different, more lighter approach to their roles?
- Comment on the roles which various crew members played in Scott’s vision in contrast to the way he actually sees them on board Destiny.
Season 2 Episode 7[ The Greater Good]
Rush takes Destiny out of FTL by an abandoned space ship . Both Young and Rush are interested in taking a look at the ship.
- The two need to use spacesuits to board the ship, given the fact that both shuttles were previously damaged
- When they board, Destiny pulls away from the Ship, however Rush realizes that the issue can be solved from the ship’s bridge. He suggests that Amanda Perry,be brought aboard Destiny to assist in making modifications to Destiny’s engines
- Note how this ship also had pods like the one in the seed ship back in Awakening, but unlike in that episode, there were none in the pods. Was the ship abandoned by choice, did the aliens run of supplies or were they conquered by another species?Could this ship somehow have been connected to the seedship?
- Rush manages to divert Young’s attention to another part of the ship, while he communicates with Perry privately. He sends Amanda various essential information/ equation required to locate the bridge, where he then advises her on how to steer it back
- Meanwhile, Young overhears Rush speaking t Amanda Perry and how he has broken the code
- Young immediately attacks Rush. Discuss this major attack. What are your thoughts on it and how does it compare to the previous one in Justice?
- Rush’s comment on how he accepts that he will not lead Destiny but Young should not wither. His comment on Young’s instability, in terms of how he cannot even get up in the morning
- Rush’s argument on how he could not trust others and the complexity of the bridge. Young’s response by saying that Rush is responsible for the loss of various lives, such as Sergeant Riley.
- Rush’s comment on Density’s mission – To unlock the source of life , which was generated prior to the start of the universe. This could potentially, help them gain a better of understanding and power of where they came from and who we as humans are, while also helping them find a way home through this ultimate power. What do you imagine this source as? Do you think it is God or is there some other higher aliens species which did this? Do you think it is through technological or spiritual means?Discuss.
- Rush’s offer to work together side by side with Young to help Destiny. Do you think he is serious about this given his doubts about Young’s leadership. Do you think he is being entirely truthful about the mission?
- Note how Rush helps Young land safely on the bridge when they musty jump back to Destiny
- Eli realizes something is up vwhen Perry claims to have suddenly fixed the ship. He uses I no footage to track Perry
- Eli’s extreme anger and how the scientists confront Dr. Perry of her dishonest behaviour. Her apologies for doing this, but her comment on how Rush was insistent it remained secret and her belief that there was a good reason for this insistence
- Scott and Camille’s concerns for safety
- Who do you think will sit in the commander’s chair? Why? How will Rush’s dishonesty to such an extreme level , affect his relationship with the crew and what role will he play in the bridge, now that he is not its sole commander?
Amanda Perry / Ginn
- Camille’s interruption of Ginn and Eli’s intercourse – Audience received further insights on this development of their relationship as seen from how Eli’s shirt saying “I am here” is left lying on Ginn’s bed . How do you feel about Eli being romantically involved and do you think he and Ginn are a good couple?Who would you rather see him with, if not?
- Simeon warning Ginn to not become to close to the crew aboard Destiny, so that she does not reveal crucial information
- Ginn switches with Perry to provide Intel on the Lucian alliance attack on Earth, as she was from the planet which is responsible for the attack. She is to provide the Intel to Home World Command.
- Perry’s encounter with Simeon. Fortunately, Greer is there to save her from the situation and allow her to continue her work
- Amanda – Rush relationship – Rush and Perry are both mutual in their feelings and constant thoughts which they have harboured since their previous encounter in Sabotoge
- Rush is now ready to have a relationship with her
- Eli interrupts and informs Rush that Young urgently needs him
- Eli then angrily informs Perry that her sexual behaviour is inappropriate given the fact that she is another body [ particularly that of his lover, Ginn] Do you think it is inappropriate even though Ginn would have given consent for her body to be used in such a way
- Simeon intruding in Perry’s room right before closing credits. Do you think Simeon will murder Amanda? If not, what do you think he will do? Where was his guard at the time? Note that any harm inflicted on Ginn’s body will affect both Ginn and Perry. This is certain, as viewers may recall that in season one’s Subversion, the suffocation of Colonel Telford who was in Rush’s body, affected Rush who was in Telford’s body, putting both of their lives at risk.
- Although we did not get to see much development on her story this week, we see her interactions with Eli. Although she misses his company and expresses somewhat of a jealously to his shifted focus on Ginn, she tells Eli, that she is happy for him. Do you think Chloe is jealous and what is your current take on Eli and Chloe’s current relationship ?
- Also note that we learn that she decided to help Rush by solving equations. What does this tell you about her development as a character? As opposed to not doing anything with herself as she would have at the beginning of the series, the character is taking advantage of the befits brought forth by the illness?
Stargate Universe Malice Discussion
Rush – Young Sprit of Cooperation
- Young’s renewed commitment as leader abd his willingness to forgive Rush for various actions, such as hiding the bridge from him and for being responsible for the death of Sergeant Hunter Riley. See further below under the Hunt For Simeon section for more on this subject.
Ginn/ Perry Death
- Ginn and Perry are murdered while they are connected in the stones. Simeon, conducted this action as a way of preventing information on the LA attack from reaching Earth. While he attempts to flee, Simeon severely wounds several other soldiers and takes Dr. Park hostage through the closest planet. On the planet, he plants a bomb on her back
- Rush discovers the murder. Once it is confirmed that both Ginn and Amanda Perry have been killed, Rush leaves in rage. James, however indicates that Ginn informed Homeworld Command that Simeon has valuable Intel on the attack on Earth and therefore he is to be captured alive.
- He reaches the gate room just in time and follows Simeon through the gate
- Manages to disable the bomb through the use of his glasses, however, those on board are instructed not to come through into this has been addressed
- Scott , Greer and other military reinforcements arrive and are to go through with the mission. However, at the same time, Rush expresses a great amount of rage towards Simeon as a result of his against Perry and shows a desire to seek revenge
Hunt For Simeon
- Ambush - James’ near death experience. Did you think she was going to die? This episode had a lot of jeopardy.Which other characters did you think , for a moment, had it in for them in this episode and how was your reaction to this?
- Note how Rush managed to tract his kino device as away of locating him
- Rush – Scott Discussion – Scott’s discussion on how he understands why Rush know the discovery of the bridge a secret from Young but how the y all need to work together to solve the issues . Our analysis on the crew’s position with Rush: We believe that the ,military personnel are willing to work with Rush as although he was secretive about the discovery of the bridge,his discovery of Destiny’s mission has provided the crew, for the first time since they are on board, a suitable mission. By finding the source , they would have the greatest chance of returning home and at the same time Rush would be satisfied in that he would have explored the vast reaches of the galaxy, to such an extent, where he would have had the power and understanding associated with the origins of time. Both of their goals can be met by working towards attaining this source and the crew has a better reason to trust Rush and vice versa.
- What are your thoughts on this? Do you agree or disagree? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section.
- Scott having to turn back because of how Greer had been shot by Simeon.However, Rush fleeing to obtain his revenge.
- Simeon’s call for Rush to get him. What did this tell about Simeon?
Note, the alien creatures. What did you think of their appearance and what is your opinion on how they were used as a plot device? We thought they were exceptional as it helped show the irony of how Rush who was a mere civilian, managed to defeat a highly trained warrior, Simeon, through the skill of logic and planning as opposed to physical force.
- Note Simeon’s final statement on how he has information and Rush’s final shot!
- Do you think Rush felt better after he killed Simeon? What affect will this have on Earth? Do you think Simeon would have actually provided information to Homeworld Command?
Eli Coping After Ginn’s Loss
- Eli shows distraught behaviour following the death of Ginn. He does not appeal to others who try to console him and he unreasonably gets angry at others.
- Contrast this to Rush’s behaviour Would Rush be more like Eli originally was, had it not been for what happened to his wife?
- Young’s discussion with Eli of how he does not have in him to kill and how Eli is just one of many individuals aboard the ship, who had lost a loved one. Do you think Young, was in a sense, acting as a father figure to Eli, in helping him develop a sense of rationalism about the situation?
- Claims to know nothing of how Simeon had info on the LA attack of Earth and how he warns that Simeon ‘s danger is so great that he is not worth pursuing
- His comment on how Simeon aims to get back the LA forces in the milky way after ditching those from Destiny.
- Do you think Varro is as innocent as he presents himself to be?
- Note, Robert C Copper revealed on this week’s Inner Space that viewers will have the chance to see Varro’s romantic anticipations with TJ explored and how this dynamic will come into play with Colonel Young, who had a previous relationship with TJ
Efforts to Extend Countdown Clock Time and Chloe
- Scientists were initially unsuccessful however they had time in the next jump, which was four hours away [ which was still in range.]
- This could help those aboard the planet have more time needed to handle
- Chloe, believed that she could be of help as she has been solving advanced equations for Rush.
- Chloe ultimately managed to [ although she was not aware of what she was doing] to increase the measure of control which they had over the ship, by allowing the ship to turn around,thus permitting them to go back and fetch Rush, who was an hour late from his attack of Simeon.Note, how Rush had previously given her this equation and hoped that she woud be able to solve it in time. This was the basis for him taking the risk of seeking revenge!
- Do you believe that Chloe can now be trusted or could she motives. Note, how she seem to slipping away even further than before.
Season 2 – Episode 11- Deliverance
A discussion guide pertaining to this episode will be generated shortly.
- Alternate reality – The individuals who were willing to stay behind. Discuss possible rwasoms for those who were willing to stay behind. Would you stay behind. Why?
- Alternate Rush – Do you think he was telling the truth or was there more to his story?What were his true motives after he arrived back in time and how did his actions reflect these motives?
- Telford. Though the original died on board the ship, the former is still alive. Why was he the only one able to get through the gate and what differences could be present in this Telford, if any.
- - Eli’s comment about working in theStargate program- reference to Carter, Jackson and McKay
- -Chloe’s comment about the challenges of returning to Earth- Scott’s son
A discussion guide pertaining to this episode shall be posted shortly.’
- - What are your thoughts on the senator’s viewpoint of Chloe and the final asessmentof Destiny’s mission – not able to survuve in the net six months and Chloe’s wasted potential?
- How do you think those on Earth will respond to the mission of Destiny, given the events of the episode?Depending on the political climate on Earth, how will the response towards the perspective of Destiny’s mission fluctuate?
- - TJ and Varro’s developing relayionship- How far alog do you think they have developed? Young’s response to TJ’s increasingly close relaionship with the soldier-
Camille – Greer
- Forced trip to Earth for Greer
- Evacuation of Hmpmeword commabd the two of them were trapped in the debris.
- Camille’s daring plan to turn off the bomb.
- LA Attack- The intensifying tension. Why is the LA attacking Earth at this point and why were Earth’s defences [i.e chair in Antarctica ] unable to handle this attack/ What are your predictions on how this conflict with the LA will ultimately play out?
- soldier- who turned out to be Lucian Alliance- Camille’s excellent catch and how this instilled a more positive viewpoint of her from Greer’s perspective
- Deactivisting the bomb before it detonated – Discuss Camille and Greer’s developing relationship.=- two opposing sides/ viewpoints. The common undetstanding which they reached a newfound mutual respect.
- What were your favourite moments between these two?
The scientist goals to stay on Destiny. Do you think Camille made the right decision to place their bodies in danger? Why?We think she did because there were no other alternatives , given that the bomb would otherwise the bomb would have certainly detonated. Furthermore, her life as well as Greer’s was in danger given that they were connected. Also, by attempting to properly do this she would be saving lives outside the compound, which is the women whose body she was occupying [ a senator ] would likely have done. Share your viewpoint in the comments section/
Though it is highly unlikely the bomb went off,what do think you happened?
Do you think a supplyline will ultimately be created? Why? What are the drawbacks and benefits to this plan?We think that the benefits would of-course be supplies and experienced/ skilled workers for Destiny’ s crew which would further enable them to carry out the mission. However, with a new set of personnel , those aboard would have to cope with a new set of leadership, creating a tense dynamic and uncertain future. There could be political division particularly given that this leadership may over-mind Young’s authority. Share your thoughts on this in the comments section!
News Item Discussion
- SGU’s Season 1 Complete DVD and Blu Ray set. Did you purchase an edition?Which one? Feel free to post a review on the edition you purchased.
- SGU on iTunes. Share your experience of watching the program on iTunes with other readers or if you have a question about watching through this avenue, post a question for another reader to answer.
MGM Studios has released a brand new trailer for the second season of Stargate Universe today. Take a look this trailer, which lasts for about 2.5 minutes, directly below. The trailer first provides a one minute recap of the main events from the last season before giving us a peek at the excitement awaiting viewers in the impending second season. Be sure to share your thoughts on the trailer in the comments section afterwards. Remember, that the second season of SGU commences on September 28 at 9:00pm eastern standard time on SyFy.Enjoy!
What are your thoughts on the trailer? What intrgued you the most? Share your thoughts in the comments section!
Take a look at the trailer for the upcoming second season of Stargate Universe ,which was originally featured at the recent Comic Con in San Diego, directly below. The second season of Stargate Universe will premiere on Tuesday, September 28 2010 on SyFy.
Please note that the trailer contains major spoilers for the first half of the impending second season.
What are your thoughts on the trailer? What intrigued you the most?
Recommended Discussion Topics
Dr. Rush’s discovery of the bridge and his secrecy of the discovery
Colonel Telford having survived the shooting from the season 1 finale, Incursion Part 2
The Lucian Alliance working alongside with the Destiny crew
Return of Dr. Perry- Why has she returned? Will she have an increased involvement?Note her relationship with Dr. Rush is further developing – the two share yet another kiss
Return of Dr. Caine , who was last seen in Faith. How did he get back on the Destiny?What did he discover on the planet?
Eli’s developing romantic relationship with a Lucian Alliance member – they share a kiss
Camille- Sharon relatonship – tension
Scott attacking Colonel Young
What is Greer torching?
Shuttle Crash? What are the cirumstances which caused this and how severe was it?
Chloe’s terrifying mutation-What was she turning into? How did this happen?What will become of her ?